Resort Safety Protocol
A SAFE HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE IN KAGI
Our mission is to satisfy our guests intent and purpose, which is to offer a retreat space where the pristine nature of our Maldivian island resort is combined with the well-being of each guest. In Kagi, well-being comes from the ample private space which offers safety and at the same time is open to the surrounding nature. We believe that conveying the right balance between the sense of solitude and socialization is crucial.
Important travel Information to know :
It would be best if you reconsidered traveling, you may cancel up to 72hrs prior to arrival or change dates for when you are well again.
Yes, a confirmed reservation is required in at least ONE property prior to arrival to the Maldives.
1. Guests will be allowed to do a split stay between any CCR* Resort, without any PCR test if the guest is fully vaccinated.
2. Guests will be allowed to do a split stay between CCR* Resort and any other Maldives resort, without any PCR test if the guest is fully vaccinated.
3. Guests travelling from a Guest House or Safari Boat, can visit Kagi Maldives without a Negative PCR test if the guest is fully vaccinated.
4. Non vaccinated guests will require negative PCR test to visit CCR* Resorts, if travelling from any other Resort, Safari boat or guest houses.
5. If guests have a night arrival flight and requires overnight at airport/Male’, CCR* will be flexible to accommodate guest without a new PCR test.
6. Should guests be scheduled to travel to a CCR* resort from a resort which is under monitoring or with any positive cases, CCR* will not be able to accept these guests without negative PCR test.
*The resorts in the Crown & Champa Resorts (CCR) collection;
Kudadoo Maldives Private Island By Hurawalhi, Hurawalhi Island Resort, Kagi Maldives Spa Island, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Komandoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Island Resort & Spa and Innahura Maldives Island.
Please check with your insurance company if you are covered if any of your multi-resort stay plans are disrupted.
It is strongly advisable to take out comprehensive travel insurance to prepare for unforeseen situations.
Refer to: COVID-19 Travel Advisory – Maldives Immigration for the latest information
No, a visa on arrival will be issued for 30 days at no cost.
All visitors travelling to and from the Maldives are required to submit a self-declarative health declaration online via https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv, 72 hours prior to their travel. Guests must also have a confirmed reservation at a tourist resort.
Thermal imaging equipment is in the arrival hall, masks must be worn, and physical distancing observed, hand hygiene use of hand sanitizer is mandatory, and it is recommended to download the contact tracing app “TraceEkee”.
All arrivals exhibiting symptoms will need to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR at their own cost. Maldives border authorities will take random tests at no charge.
Health Protection Agency (HPA) guidelines must be followed. Contact tracing will identify those who need to be tested.
1. Isolation period for those identified as a positive case of Covid-19
Isolation at the Resort for 7 (seven) days from the date of sample collection is mandatory for anyone testing positive for COVID-19 and asymptomatic.
However, those who exhibit covid symptoms at the end of the isolation period specified are required to continue their isolation until 24 hours after symptoms have cleared. The above shall be applicable even if the individual(s) have not completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine.
2. Quarantine duration for those identified as direct contacts
2.1 Close contacts who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine and a BOOSTER dose;
a) Individual(s) who have been identified as a direct contact of a positive case but asymptomatic, are NOT required to observe a quarantine period. However, if symptomatic the individual shall undertake a PCR test or a Rapid Antigen Test for Covid -19 and can ONLY be released upon receiving a negative test result.
b) Regardless of the ease mentioned in (a), ALL individual(s) who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case are required to undertake an additional PCR test after 05 (five) days from the date of last contact with the said positive case.
c) The ease mentioned in (a) and (b) is strictly applicable ONLY to those direct contacts who are quarantined separately from the positive case.
The amove mentioned in 2.1 can ONLY be exercised if the following conditions are met:
1- Vaccine administered by the individual(s) is approved by the Maldives Food & Drug Authority or by the World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL) and at least 14 (fourteen) days have passed and 06 (six) months have not exceeded after the administration of the prescribed doses.
2- If 06 (six) months have passed since completion of the prescribed doses, a BOOSTER dose for covid-19 must also be completed.
2.2 Close contacts who do not qualify under 2.1
2.2.1 All close contacts who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case, who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine and 06 (six) months have exceeded after the administration of the prescribed doses but had not been administered a BOOSTER dose;
will have to undergo quarantine for 10 (ten) days from the date of sample collection and can be released without a PCR test if the individual(s) do not exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19 at the end of the 10-day period.
However, the specified quarantine period (10 days) will come to an end upon submission of a negative PCR test done at the end of FIFTH DAY of quarantine from the date the individual(s) were identified as a direct contact and quarantined. The ease* mentioned is strictly applicable for those direct contacts who are quarantined separately.
2.2.2 If individual(s) who is not eligible for vaccination of a Covid-19 vaccine are placed under quarantine with a vaccinated individual who may avail the ease mentioned in 2.2.1, then they may requested to be released from quarantine after the fifth day with a special permission from the Maldives Health Protection Agency (HPA). Upon the request by the individual, the resort will send a special request to HPA and individual(s) will be released upon receiving approval from HPA.
3. All close contacts who are identified as a direct contact of a positive case and who have not completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine shall complete 14 (fourteen) days of quarantine followed by a negative PCR test result at the end of this quarantine period.
The Resort Doctor or Nurse will provide primary care whilst guests are in isolation on the Resort. Should the symptoms require clinical care, this will be arranged.
The above information per the guidelines of the Health Protection Agency (HPA) of Maldives and is subject to changes without prior notice. Individuals undergoing quarantine under 1 and 2 must remain in quarantine until such time the negative test results is received or special permission is provided by HPA.
Please note there will be expenses to be paid for any period in isolation. Please check with your insurance company if you are covered.
If you test positive within 14 days of returning home, contact the Resort you stayed in, and they will contact the Maldives Ministry of Tourism and Health Protection Agency (HPA).
No. Health Protection Agency (HPA) do not require Resorts to go into ‘lockdown’ in such situations. The Resort team will work together with the Health Protection Agency (HPA), following guidelines on isolation, testing and contact tracing for the individual(s) concerned, along with stringent protocols to keep all guests and employees safe.
Important safety information and questions answered in resort :
Only when required. Mask locations are available in the mobile app as well as on our website. In general, masks need to be worn in enclosed areas or when physical distancing cannot be provided.
Guests can freely explore the island. Kagi has adapted to international standards regarding health and safety requirements and certain areas may have specific requirements. More details are available on our mobile app, upon your arrival at the Resort and our also IPTV in your rooms.
Facilitating PCR Testing at Resort :
Following the most recent requirements from certain airlines and countries for their travelers to provide a negative PCR test certificate upon their travel journey, Kagi Maldives Spa Island in association with Crown & Champa Resorts, is facilitating PCR testing for those guests with this compulsory requirement.
Where applicable, the PCR Testing Procedure will be as follows:
Free of charge for stays of 7 nights or more, with the following terms to be considered:
- Only applicable if guest has a compulsory requirement by airline or home country
- Only applicable for a maximum occupancy of 3 persons per room, additional persons as per the below supplement
- If guest wishes to conduct the test as a personal requirement, the PCR Test Supplement will apply, subject to availability of the clinic
Supplement cost of USD 100.00 per person:
- For stays less than 7 nights
- Or without a compulsory requirement by airline or home country
- If guest wishes to conduct the test as a personal requirement
- Each PCR Test will be done through our well trained medical team whenever possible, in the resort and results will be received before departure.
- Reservations for PCR testing should be made latest 4 days prior to departure.
Reservations for PCR testing will prioritise guests with compulsory requirement for certificate to travel from the Maldives.
- Airline or Government requirement document has to be presented upon making the PCR testing reservation in order for our team to prioritise and arrange the needful.
Travel Flexibility & Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy Update: Book now, we got you covered!
We continue to allow for maximum flexibility given these unique circumstances. Book now at your convenience with the freedom of free cancellation as follows;
FREE Cancellation on Room Rate for cancellation received 3 days prior to arrival.