Resort Safety Protocol
A SAFE HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE IN KAGI
Our mission is to satisfy our guests intent and purpose, which is to offer a retreat space where the pristine nature of our Maldivian island resort is combined with the well-being of each guest. In Kagi, well-being comes from the ample private space which offers safety and at the same time is open to the surrounding nature. We believe that conveying the right balance between the sense of solitude and socialization is crucial.
Important travel Information to know :
It would be best if you reconsidered traveling, you may cancel up to 72hrs prior to arrival or change dates for when you are well again.
Yes, a confirmed reservation is required in at least ONE property prior to arrival to the Maldives.
Yes. Guest can have multi-resort-stays by during your stay in Maldives. Every time you travel from one property to another, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) requires your current resort to submit a travel request form 48 hours prior to departure. Guests will only be allowed to travel between two resorts if both resorts does not have reported, suspected or isolated case of Covid-19. Guests must inform details of their multi-resort bookings to Meeru before they travel.
Please check with your insurance company if you are covered if any of your multi-resort stay plans are disrupted.
It is strongly advisable to take out comprehensive travel insurance to prepare for unforeseen situations.
The Health Protection Agency (HPA) of Maldives mandates that with effect from September 10 2020, all tourists and short term visitors to the must present a Negative PCR certificate on arrival to the Maldives. The PCR Test must be conducted within a maximum of 96 hours prior to departure.
No, a visa on arrival will be issued for 30 days at no cost.
All visitors travelling to and from the Maldives are required to submit a self-declarative health declaration online via https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv, 24 hours prior to their travel. Guests must also have a confirmed reservation at a tourist resort and emergency contact details must be provided.
Thermal imaging equipment is in the arrival hall, masks must be worn, and physical distancing observed, hand hygiene use of hand sanitizer is mandatory, and it is recommended to download the contact tracing app “TraceEkee”.
All arrivals exhibiting symptoms will need to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR at their own cost. Maldives border authorities will take random tests at no charge.
Health Protection Agency (HPA) guidelines must be followed. Isolation at the resort for 14 days is mandatory for anyone testing positive for COVID-19. Contact tracing will identify those who also need to be tested. All close contacts will have to undergo quarantine for 14 days at the resort and PCR tested prior to been released from quarantine. The Resort Doctor or Nurse will provide primary care whilst guests are in isolation on the Resort, should the symptoms require clinical care, this will be arranged. Please note there will be expenses to be paid for any period in isolation, please check with your insurance company if you are covered.
If you test positive within 14 days of returning home, contact the Resort you stayed in, and they will contact the Maldives Ministry of Tourism and Health Protection Agency (HPA).
No. Health Protection Agency (HPA) do not require Resorts to go into ‘lockdown’ in such situations. The Resort team will work together with the Health Protection Agency (HPA), following guidelines on isolation, testing and contact tracing for the individual(s) concerned, along with stringent protocols to keep all guests and employees safe.
Important safety information and questions answered in resort :
Only when required. Mask locations are available in the mobile app as well as on our website. In general, masks need to be worn in enclosed areas or when physical distancing cannot be provided.
Guests can freely explore the island. Kagi has adapted to international standards regarding health and safety requirements and certain areas may have specific requirements. More details are available on our mobile app, upon your arrival at the Resort and our also IPTV in your rooms.
Facilitating PCR Testing at Resort :
Updated: March 15, 2021:
Following the most recent requirements from certain airlines and countries for their travelers to provide a negative PCR test certificate upon their travel journey, Kagi Maldives Spa Island in association with Crown & Champa Resorts, is facilitating PCR testing for those guests with this compulsory requirement.
Where applicable, the PCR Testing Procedure will be as follows:
Free of charge for stays of 7 nights or more, with the following terms to be considered:
- Only applicable if guest has a compulsory requirement by airline or home country
- Only applicable for a maximum occupancy of 3 persons per room, additional persons as per the below supplement
- If guest wishes to conduct the test as a personal requirement, the PCR Test Supplement will apply, subject to availability of the clinic
Supplement cost of USD 100.00 per person:
- For stays less than 7 nights
- Or without a compulsory requirement by airline or home country
- If guest wishes to conduct the test as a personal requirement
- Each PCR Test will be done through our well trained medical team whenever possible, in the resort and results will be received before departure.
- Reservations for PCR testing should be made latest 4 days prior to departure.
- Reservations for PCR testing will prioritise guests with compulsory requirement for certificate to travel from the Maldives.
- Airline or Government requirement document has to be presented upon making the PCR testing reservation in order for our team to prioritise and arrange the needful.
- Following the most recent announcement released by the Maldives Government, additional PCR testing had been mandated for guests arriving into the Maldives who have departed from, transiting through or may have visited in the following regions before their arrival to the Maldives;
Region – India
• PCR Test will be conducted upon arrival.
• Until the test result has been received, guests will be obligated to stay in their assigned room.
• Test results are expected within 24 hours from the time test has been taken.
• Cost for the Arrival PCR Test will be USD 50.00 per person and has to be paid directly to the resort upon arrival.
Region – Africa
• Upon the third day of the guest‘s stay, the first PCR test will be conducted.
• Test results are expected within 24 hours from the test has been taken.
• Cost for the first PCR Test will be USD 50.00 per person and has to be paid directly to the resort upon arrival.
The additional PCR test requirements apply to all guests with or without a verified double vaccine. No exceptions will be made.
- For more information and clarifications regarding your travel, reach out to the Reservations Team or your Travel Agent.
PCR Testing if coming from another resort to Kagi Maldives Spa Island :
Updated: January 12, 2021
As a safety precaution and to assure our resort maintain the highest security in accommodating split stay bookings, please take note of the measures to be followed if you are travelling from an outside resort to Kagi:
- Guests will be allowed to do a split stay between any Crown and Champa Resort, without any PCR test.
- If Guests are travelling for split stay from a non Crown and Champa Resort to Kagi, where there is no positive case, the CCR resort will require the guests to have a Negative PCR test done, 48hrs prior to arrival.
- No Guest will be allowed to visit Kagi if travelling from a Guest House or Safari Boat, or a resort where there has been a positive case of Covid- 19.
- If guests are unable to travel on the same day due to international flight delay/force majeure reason, and are required to stay overnight in an Airport or Male’ facility, Kagi will be flexible to accommodate guest without a new PCR test.
- If guests have a night arrival flight and requires overnight at Airport/Male’, Kagi will be flexible to accommodate guest without a new PCR test.
Travel Flexibility & Cancellation Policy
May 13, 2021 – Latest Update – Travelers From South Asian Countries
A travel advisory has been issued by the Maldives Government, on “Halting the issuance of tourist visa to travelers from South Asian countries” including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
For any booking affected from these countries, Kagi Maldives offers flexible cancellation and re-booking policies, to assure our future guests can make alternative travel plans and keep their Maldives planned holiday to Kagi Maldives
All guest from South Asian Countries with confirmed reservations with an arrival date May 13, 2021 and beyond may;
1. Re-book now with arrival date on or before October 31, 2021 and benefit from the same rates and booking terms. Re-bookings must be confirmed to your Travel Partner or directly to the Resorts’ Reservations Team at [email protected] before May 21, 2021, or the booking will be automatically cancelled.
2.Cancel the upcoming booking at no charge. 100% refund will be provided for the amount received
May 15, 2021 – Latest Update – Travelers From the United Kingdom
Based on the recent announcement of UK Travel restrictions to the Maldives, all guests from the UK with confirmed reservations with an arrival date May 15, 2021 and beyond May;
1. Re-book now with arrival date on or before October 31, 2021 and benefit from the same rates and booking terms. Re-bookings must be confirmed to your Travel Partner or directly to the Resorts’ Reservations Team at [email protected] before May 25, 2021, or the booking will be automatically cancelled.
2. Cancel the upcoming booking at no charge. 100% refund will be provided for the amount received